St Andrew’s Day
Celebrate St Andrew’s Day and the Great London Scot Awards
Friday 29th November 2019
Hosted by the Chairman of London Scottish Malcolm Offord and celebrating its seventh birthday, the St Andrew’s Day Lunch at The Savoy has been bringing together the Scottish diaspora and the London Scottish business, sports, arts and entertainment communities each year to network and celebrate St Andrew’s Day, Scotland’s national holiday. The event also honours individuals who have made a significant contribution to Scotland and the Scottish community with the Great London Scot Awards.
The event starts with a drinks and canape reception in the River Room followed by a three-course lunch of fine food and wine, plus a wee dram, in the magnificent Lancaster Room. After the lunch, and to continue the fun, there is a paid bar and entertainment in the Abraham Lincoln room at The Savoy.
The exclusive money-can’t-buy live and silent auctions are fund-raising for London Scottish and charity partner Maggie’s – the home of cancer care. The auctioneer is comedian and broadcaster Jonny Gould and MC of the event is David Kurk.
Dress code: Lounge suit or daytime Highland wear (not Black Tie).
Tickets: £250 per person (including VAT), or £3,000 (including VAT) for a table of twelve.
For enquires and bookings please contact email@example.com
2018 Gallery – https://www.londonscottish.com/gallery/gallery-st-andrews-day-lunch-2018/
2017 Gallery – https://www.londonscottish.com/gallery/gallery-st-andrews-day-2017-savoy/
2014 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk4rjvf4phU&feature=youtu.be
Inaugural lunch 2013 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKIa5ZgcYbQ
THE GREAT LONDON SCOT AWARDS
The Great London Scot Awards were established in 2013 to celebrate and recognise Scottish individuals who have demonstrated achievements or values which have significantly benefited Scotland and the Scottish community. Past winners include:
2018 Award Winners
- Lifetime Achievement: Ian Robertson
- Outstanding Achievement: Lady Gilly Ogilvy-Wedderburn
- Outstanding Young Talent: Josh Littlejohn MBE
- Outstanding Achievement in Business: Dr James Hay
2017 Award Winners
- Lifetime Achievement: Jolomo (Dr John Lowrie Morrison OBE)
- Outstanding Achievement: Lucinda Russell
- Outstanding Young Talent: Mark Robertson
2016 Award Winners
- Lifetime Achievement: Sir Ian Wood GBE
- Outstanding Achievement: Dame Katherine Grainger OBE
- Outstanding Young Talent: Jamie Murray OBE
- Outstanding Young Talent: Gordon Reid MBE
2015 Award Winners
- The Great London Scot Award for Lifetime Achievement: Sir Craig Reedie CBE
- The Great London Scot Award for Outstanding Achievement: Martin Gilbert
- The Great London Scot Award for Outstanding Young Talent: David Smith MBE
2014 Award Winners
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bernard Gallacher OBE
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Lord Robert Smith of Kelvin
- Outstanding Young Talent Award: Nicola Benedetti MBE
2013 Award Winners
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Sir Andy Murray OBE
- Outstanding Young Talent Award: Sophie Kennedy Clark
Congratulations to all our worthy winners.
In addition to raising funds for London Scottish each year, the St Andrew’s Day Lunch partners with a nominated charity. The money, support and awareness provided by SADL will make a significant difference in funding to the charity. Fundraising on the day is by an exclusive silent and live auction, raffle, as well as table and individual donations.
Charity 2019 – Maggie’s
Maggie’s provides free practical, emotional and social support to people with cancer and their family and friends, following the ideas about cancer care originally laid out by Maggie Keswick Jencks, the founder of Maggie’s who lived with advanced cancer for two years. During that time she used her knowledge and experience to create a blueprint for a new type of care. Maggie’s Centres are built around her belief that people should not “lose the joy of living in the fear of dying”.
Built in the grounds of NHS cancer hospitals, Maggie’s Centres are places with professional staff on hand to offer the support people need. The Centres are places to find practical advice about benefits and eating well; places where qualified experts provide emotional support; places to meet other people; places where you can simply sit quietly with a cup of tea.
The first Maggie’s Centre opened in Edinburgh in 1996 and since then Maggie’s has continued to grow, with 20 Centres at major NHS cancer hospitals in the UK and abroad. Maggie’s also has an Online Centre.
Previous charity partners
- 2018 – Warren’s Wish
- 2017 – My Name’s Doddie
- 2016 – The Archie Foundation
- 2015 – University of Aberdeen Spinal Injury Research
- 2014 – The STV Appeal
- 2013 – The Princess Royal Trusty for Carer’s & Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity
There are a number of sponsorship opportunities available to support the St Andrew’s Day Lunch, including:
- Platinum event sponsor
- Great London Scot Award for Lifetime Achievement sponsor
- Great London Scot Award for Outstanding Achievement sponsor
- Great London Scot Award for Outstanding Young Talent sponsor
- Great London Scot Award for Outstanding Achievement in Business sponsor
MAIN SPONSOR – Aberdeen Standard Investments
OFFICIAL CLUB SPONSORS
For enquires and details of available sponsorship package’s please contact London Scottish Commercial Director, Carson Russell – firstname.lastname@example.org