London Scottish FC - Established, 1878.
A world famous club with a fantastic heritage
- London Scottish FC was founded in MacKay's Tavern (Ludgate Hill), on April 10th 1878
- LSFC have produced 224 international players for Scotland - more than any other Club
- Famous players of recent years include Gavin Hastings, Mike Biggar, Al McHarg, Kenny Logan, Rob Wainwright, Alan Lawson
- LSFC has produced 4 British Lions Captain's & a number of British Lions Players
- Traditionally played at the elite of British Rugby for over 100 years
- Turned professional in 1996 and played in the English Premiership
- Demoted 9 divisions by the RFU in 1999 due to financial reasons
The Incredible Journey
- Reformed in 2000 as a purely Amateur Club at Level 9
- Promoted 7 times in 11 seasons
- Has a successful professional coaching and commercial structure
- Currently in the Championship (1 division below the Premiership) & qualified for the play-offs in 2014/15
- Over 1000 members and extensive network beyond
- Match day crowds of between 1500 - 2,500 people
- Has an academy and development structure to produce future players
Sir Ian McGeechan, British & Irish Lions Head Coach 1989, 1993, 1997 and 2009"A strong Scottish XV is imperative, not only for the game in Scotland, but for world rugby. The London Scottish project is not only exciting but it is, in my view, one of the important components of the future success of Scottish rugby."
Colin Grassie, Deutsche Bank UK, Chief Executive"Our commitment to London Scottish is also a commitment to addressing the needs of the local communities within which we work. Deutsche Bank is committed to mobilising disengaged young people into taking positive action through our partnership work with London Scottish and activities in the local community. We look forward to another successful three years both on and off the pitch."
Martin Gilbert, Aberdeen Asset Management, Chief Executive"We are proud to announce our continued support of London Scottish for a further two years. It is a great club with fine Scottish traditions."
Kenny Logan"Wherever you go in the world of rugby, London Scottish is a club which commands admiration and respect. It has always been associated with class and quality, and there is a real ambition and determination within the club to restore London Scottish to its former glory."
Gavin Hastings OBE"London Scottish will always have a very special place in my heart. Some of the happiest times of my rugby career were spent at the club. It is world famous, and if it were back playing at the elite level, it would be a fantastic boost for the game. It would provide a superb platform for players who aspire to playing for Scotland - the ideal stepping stone for international recognition."
Download our latest Strategy PDF outlining the vision for London Scottish – Strategy